Review: The Imaginary Invalid
The Imaginary Invalid
In the summer of 2008, René performed the role of “Argan” in The Shakespeare Theatre Company’s production of The Imaginary Invalid at the Lansburgh Theatre in Washington, D.C. Originally scheduled to run June 10 through July 27, the show did so well that the run was extended for an extra weekend, through August 2. Reviewers praised the production as a whole and specifically singled out René for his hilarious performance.
Listed below are a few of the many reviews and photos we collected during and after the production.
- Enthusiastic review by DC Theatre Scene
- “René…a joy to watch” MetroWeekly review
- Called “hiccup-inducing hilarious” by Washington City Paper
- “…a supreme platform for (René’s) versatile gifts…” StarExponent.com
- A Washington, DC blogger’s brief review
- More production photos
- And some more photos
- Listen to an interview with René on NPR
- Read an interview with René about the challenge of playing Argan
- Read a profile of René in STC’s Asides magazine
- Complete details about the production are provided in the STC press release